> To fill out the example of the "Auth" container to better illustrate what
> I mean, you might have this:
>
> <Auth ldap-acc-activedirectory>
>   require ldap-group cn=Accounting,ou=Groups,ou=XXX
>   AuthLDAPBindDN cn=Mail,dc=XXX
>   AuthLDAPBindPassword blah1
>   LDAPTrustedMode SSL
>   AuthLDAPURL ldaps://xxx.co.za/dc=xxx,dc=co,dc=za?uid?sub
>   AuthLDAPRemoteUserIsDN on
> </Auth>
> <Auth ldap-eng-activedirectory>
>   require ldap-group cn=Engineering,ou=Groups,ou=YYY
>   AuthLDAPBindDN cn=Mail,dc=YYY
>   AuthLDAPBindPassword blah2
>   LDAPTrustedMode SSL
>   AuthLDAPURL ldaps://yyy.co.za/dc=yyy,dc=co,dc=za?uid?sub
>   AuthLDAPRemoteUserIsDN on
> </Auth>
>
> AuthBasicProvider ldap-acc-activedirectory ldap-eng-activedirectory

yeah, ok, I can see what you mean :)

but a configuration like that doesn't strike me as something easily done
with the current set of tools.  but I'm sure that someone more familiar has
a different opinion.

alright, so we have two issues then

  - see if we can't provide some kind of configuration grouping like this
  - allow providers to fall through to eachother via a declined mechanism

am I capturing it?

--Geoff