Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
It's just that you brought up the point
of making the directive more intuitive - and I have problems from the word go
on this particular directive being intuitive.  It's not.

In order to understand what this directive does, you need to know what
Cache-Control from the RFC means - and that's not intuitive.  I'd like
something that expresses the concept that we will serve cached content even if
the client asks for 'fresh' content.

Agreed.

The closest I can come up with is 'CacheServeStale' - but that's not quite
right or even precise either.

Cache-Control is per definition a bit of a tough thing to translate to a term like Stale or Fresh, since it can require both.

[...]
Per above, I don't like the phrase Cache-Control. -- justin

Fair enough.

What about: CacheIgnoreClientAgeRequirements ?  A bit long maybe.  Sigh.
I'm not very good at coming up with short yet descriptive directive
names I'm afraid.

Sander