Paul Querna wrote:
> The Problem:
>
> We do not know what protocol will be used to handle a connection until
> runtime.  We currently cannot determine this at startup.
>

> This results in:
>
> Primary: Accept Filters and TCP_DEFFER_ACCEPT are currently not used
> correctly.  The 'httpready' accept filter is currently applied to all
> sockets.  This means protocols like nntp, where the server must send
> data first, don't work at all. Rasmus said it has the potential to cause
> problems with SSL Servers, but I haven't personally observed this.

On further testing this turns out not to be the case.  The machines I
saw problems on were actually using a modified httpready filter that
fell back to waiting for a newline instead of triggering immediately.
The standard httpready filter triggers immediately when it doesn't
understand the request, so it should degrade nicely for SSL requests.

-Rasmus