Just to add onto the issue below:
        my $cookie = Apache2::Cookie->new($r, -path => $mypath...)

I experienced something similar -- domain and path both were set to what i specified for path

I tried a workaround for domain, and ended up having the path set to the expiration argument ('+365'), while expiration was set to the expiration date ('Sun, 28-May-2006 04:54:37 GMT')

specifiying the domain and path, re: the workaround, fixes it all up

Mac OSX 10.3.9
libapreq whatever is current.tgz on May 28
apache 2.0.5.4
modperl whatever is current.bz2 on May 28
perl 5.8.1 (stock osx)