> There's no reason the strings have to be hard coded into the C code.
> You can pull them out into some sort of language specific file, just
> like any other C program that worries about i18n.

This would mean more file I/O every time mod_mbox runs, and maybe
using an external library such as gettext (quite heavy stuff for
mod_mbox needs). Maybe some home-made system, but I fear that it won't
be fast enough.

> Honestly, that seems like a far better solution to me.  XML+XSLT
> seems like extreme overkill if all you want is a way to have the
> strings change on a per-language basis.

I did not proposed XML+XSLT as a solution to i18n problems. It is just
an interesting system that can provide both templating-like mechanism
and i18n facilities (still, not as clean as I would like).

- Sam

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.