> Have you considered using libapreq2 for parsing
> the mime headers in there?  The header parser
> should really convenient for that, you could
> even introduce a post-header-parser hook that
> runs when the parser finishes.

My own suggestion is that we don't touch or try to interpret MIME. Parsing
the message headers into a table is straightforward but once you get into
recognizing MIME you're moving out of the protocol realm and into the
message format realm - and you start having to worry about messages within
messages, boundaries, corrupt structures, and other things that I think are
not mod_smtpd's problem.

I don't know if the other smtp project people share my opinion here.