[..cut..]

>Thanks!  I've committed this in r231486, r231487, and r231488.  I re-split
>them up to make it easier for people to review the commits.
>
>However, there remains an issue in mod_disk_cache's remove_url: I don't think
>it properly handles removing the Vary condition files.  I went ahead and
>committed it because it gets us closer to the desired solution.
>
>The code will remove the header file and the disk file; but it also likely
>needs to go up a 'level' and remove all variants.  Because if we get a 404 on
>a varied entity, it also means that all variants should be removed, no?

Should they really be removed?
In the case that you are caching a response from a backend app server or
a cgi script I can imagine situations where one variant is 404 and another
one is not. Dw also pointed that out.
>From my personal point of view we should keep them and let the next
>revalidation
on them caused by a client decide whether they should be removed or not.

>I think what this means is that we need to recompute the hash - verify that it
>either meets the 'base' URL (we're done then), or we need to then go through
>and wack all of the varied headers/bodies and such.  Now, I *think* it's
>possible after Paul's latest rewrite to just wack some subdirectories - but
>I'm fuzzy on this.  (Paul??)

Yes, I think we just need to remove the .vary subdirectory with all its
subdirectories
and files.

>Does this make sense?  Or, am I missing something?  -- justin

Regards

Rüdiger