Joe Schaefer wrote:
Rian Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Either way, lacking header parsing in mod_smtpd is being impractically pedant since probably 99% of SMTP transfers involve messages in the RFC 2822/MIME formats. Although I think that maybe there will be a plugin that wants data from the DATA command verbatim. I still feel this needs some thought.

IMO a good bit of code to look at is Qpsmtpd::Transaction, which is what I think should correspond to a request_rec in mod_smtpd.
Any per-transaction extensions you need can go into r->request_config.

+1, Qpsmtpd has already solved many of these problems, there's little reason to spend lots of time doing it ourselves when we can just learn from what they've already done.

-garrett