On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 07:48:07AM +0100, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> So do you think that there is a todo for mod_authz_host to add such things
> or should this be left to the administrator who can of course use
> mod_headers in the first case to add Cache-Control: private?

It'd be nice if mod_authz_host could figure out when to stick in
Cache-Control: private on its own.

A possible candidate looks to be in the else block near
mod_authz_host.c:279

 else if (a->order[method] == DENY_THEN_ALLOW) {

Placing a config-overridable

 apr_table_set("Cache-Control", "private");

line in that else block would likely work, I guess.  (should that be
apr_table_merge instead?)

Completely untested and clearly not thought through.  =)  -- justin