>>> On 11/21/2005 at 9:51:31 am, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On 11/21/05, Brad Nicholes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>  +1 for beta status on NetWare.  This will probably also be a +1 for
GA
>> as well as long as nothing significant turns up over the next
several
>> days of testing.
>
> Will there be (beta) Windows binaries available before it become GA?
> I wouldn't mind testing but I do mind compiling myself.

  Good point and this might be one reason why we need a RC status
before going GA.  I know that on at least 2 platforms (windows,
netware), there would be a lot more testing and feedback from the
general user community if binaries were available.  Personally, I don't
normally roll and post binaries until the source code has reached some
status such as BETA.  In this case it appears that we are trying to go
directly from testing to GA with no real interim status designation.
Should I change my practice and roll binaries anytime a tarball is
produced?  Where should I post the binaries, /~bnicholes, /dev/dist,
/dist/httpd/binaries/netware???

Just looking for some clarification,

Brad