Brian Akins wrote:
I have been given word that our statements can appear in a press release or testimonial, it just has to be passed through legal here. So what type of statements are we looking for?

Let's bring the Apache Public Relations Committee into this to see what advice they have.

We (the Apache HTTP Server Project) would like to put together a press release announcing the release of version 2.2. We can highlight the obvious market penetration numbers and some of the features listed here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.1/new_features_2_2.html

But we would like to put particular emphasis on the performance and scalability of httpd. We have two people (Brian Atkins at CNN and Colm MacCárthaigh at HEAnet) who run httpd under extremely high load and are willing to give us some quotes on this topic.

Can the PRC give advice on how we should proceed? I am willing to start a draft, if that helps. Is there a template or some advice on format/content? What else should we be doing?

Re Brian's question above, I think we want a statement emphasizing performance and scalability. It doesn't need to be extremely precise, spec-wise. Most people reading a press release wouldn't care. We just want to transmit the message that you use apache httpd in a very-high load situation and that it perfoms very well. By the way, are you using 2.0 or 2.1?

Joshua.