[..cut..]

> Feel free to commit a patch.  =)

I will do so :).

> > 2. I am not 100% percent happy with the c->aborted approach
> as the original
> >    intention of c->aborted was another one (The connection
> to the *client* broke
> >    not to the *backend*). I admit that I do not see any
> other approach
> >    currently, so we should stick with this, but if we
> decide to change this
> >    later on and we follow 1. then it is much easier to
> change as we have this
> >    code only in *one* location and not in every scheme handler.
>
> But, that's exactly what we want: we must abort the
> connection to the client because we can't complete the
> response.  -- justin

Yes, I know. Maybe this is nitpicking, but my original understanding is that
c->aborted is set if the connection to the client has broken for whatever
external
reason on the network route between client and server, not if we decide that we
need to / should break this connection to the client because of something has
gone
wrong on the backend. But as said, this is possibly just nitpicking :-).

Regards

Rüdiger