[..cut..]

> Nope, that's the flag we set when we want the core to drop
> the connection. I thought that it would be set by the filters
> when a connection was dropped, but, as I said earlier in this
> thread, I'm wrong.  The filters will never ever set it.  -- justin

Ok. Then I withdraw my objections against the setting of c->aborted.
I just understood its purpose wrong. Thanks for clarification.
Regarding the question where to set this (in scheme_handler vs after
run_scheme_handler hook in proxy handler) I will redecide once I had
a more closer look on mod_proxy_ajp.

Regards

Rüdiger