Jim Jagielski wrote:
Personally, I think it would be cool to fold the fcgi branch
into httpd-trunk. I have some cycles coming up and it would
be cool to get that puppy "official" for trunk and maybe
even 2.2

I would prefer to keep it in a development branch for at least until TCP support is good.

Maybe the place to merge is before work is done on local/Process management. That would mean a minimal feature set to work with remote FCGI processes.

Right now, we have problems beyond the most basic hello world. I think this is jumping the gun just a little bit.

As for backport it to 2.2.... Right now, I believe this should be one of the headliner features for a 2.4 release in 8-12 months.

I am not a fan of backportitist. I am not saying I would -1 things if others want them... I just think we have been down that path with 2.0.xx....

-Paul