Graham Dumpleton wrote:

On 03/03/2006, at 1:55 PM, Jim Gallacher wrote:

Does this sound helpful, or does everyone just trust that I am not going
to screw things up? :-)

Hopefully people are reviewing the changes on the python-cvs

I haven't been committing in anything yet, I presume you mean JIRA.

No, I meant the subversion commit messages posted to [EMAIL PROTECTED], for those cases where a Commit-Then-Review or Lazy Consensus attitude has been adopted.

Anyway, so far I've taken the attitude that I'll post up proposed  changes
to JIRA issue for a while. If no one says anything I'll check in the  ones
that I believe aren't going to be too controversial. That said, I will commit
changes for the following over the weekend.

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-133
    req.server.get_config() table object populated wrongly.

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-134
Setting PythonDebug to Off, doesn't override On setting in parent scope.

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-137
Add req.server.get_options() for obtain PythonOption values set at global level.

Those were in my TODO list. Have also added the following and will
commit these as well since I don't see any drama with these.

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-140
    util.redirect() returns wrong SERVER_RETURN status value

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-141
     Allow handlers to trigger proxying of requests.

Will defer on the following for the moment, until wider consensus reached as to
whether new feature or change is okay.

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-104
    Allow Python code callouts with mod_include (SSI).

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-109
Signal handler calling Py_Finalize() when child processes being killed.

I still haven't started on the following, but will do so over the  weekend.

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-129
HandlerDispatch doesn't treat OK/DECLINED result properly for all phases.

After that I'll work out what I'll target for the next week or so.

Overall, have made good progress this past week. Will see how long I can
keep this up for. :-)

BTW, as I commit, I will if appropriate mark them as resolved.

More in the way of a general observation rather than on these specific issues, but I wouldn't necessarily mark things as resolved just on the basis of the fix being committed. For the big changes at least, I think we should see some testing on a couple of different platforms. Maybe we could announce development milestones and ask the community for a round of testing? Issues would be marked as resolved after each milestone test cycle. That way we are more likely to catch problems early and hopefully reduce the time it takes for the next beta cycle. We should do whatever we can to avoid the 7 months it took to get 3.2 out. (Actually, it was even longer than that, as Grisha first mentioned a 3.2 release last spring). Ideally trunk would always be in a stable enough condition that we could do a release within a month of making a decision.

Jim