On 3/6/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > On 3/6/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >>Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> > See, the issue for fastcgi isn't controlling persistence, persistent
> > connections are fine as long as you're actually making use of the
> > backend process, the problem is avoiding having more than one
> > connection to a backend process that simply cannot handle multiple
> > concurrent connections.
> >
> > This seems to be a problem unique (so far anyway) to fastcgi.
>
> So the issue is that mod_proxy_fastcgi needs to create a pool of single
> process workers, and ensure that each has only one concurrent request,
> right?  That's an issue for the proxy_fastcgi module, to mutex them all.

The problem is that with the way mod_proxy currently works there isn't
any way to do that, at least as far as I can tell.  It seems like it
will require us to move away from having mod_proxy manage the back end
connections, and if we do that then we're back to the "what exactly is
the advantage to using mod_proxy again?" question.

-garrett