Hi,

So the Listen directive now takes an optional protocol argument. In the documentation it states that if the protocol isn't specified then if the port number is 443, it is set to "https" otherwise "http".

This seems like a good idea. What about if the port number is 25, personally I want this to automatically set the protocol to "smtp". Sort of like our own /etc/services. I can of course see this turning into default protocol specifiers for multiple port numbers so I anticipate some type of config file similar to MIMEMagic in the future.

But for now, where is the code that set's the protocol to "https" if the port number is 443? I don't see it in the Listen directive handler.

Also is there a preferred way for a protocol module to accept a connection? Right now I have a directive "SmtpProtocol" that dictates whether mod_smtpd accepts a connection on a server_rec. There is also ap_get_server_protocol(server_rec *s) that returns the protocol based on the Listen directive. The second way is similar to the way handlers are selected.

Rian