Hello Nick,

> What I'd like to see is dynamic loading of apr-util modules, and a
> build process as simple as apxs.  But that's another subject.

I  agree,  they  are  both important features to stimulate wider deployment and
courage users to write extensions for this relatively new module.

> That should work I think ... if you're connected to a database where
> that's valid.  What happens if you use apr_dbd syntax of
> "select PASS from Users where LOGIN=%s"?

I get the same error with '%s' style of statement (anyway it get
reduced to '?' form for argument by your code).

Strange thing. For testing I have two essentially identical apache builds on
freebsd and linux. They both share very close configs, but FreeBSD box
says:

[error] [client 127.0.0.1] No DBD Authn configured!

while linux:

(20014)Internal error: DBD: failed to initialise prepared SQL statements

I'll continue to research that tomorrow.

Anton Golubev
ENGECON
St. Petersburg