On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 06:54:33PM +0100, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> >>
> >> I need a FILE *.
> >
> > Maybe you could use BIO_new_file / PEM_read_bio_PKCS7 as it is done in
> > similar
> > situations in other places of mod_ssl.
>
> Why?

The <256 fd limit for stdio on Solaris is a good enough reason.

> > This is pure luck. You should init pkcs7 to NULL in modssl_ctx_init
> > as done for the other elements of this struct.
>
> Sure. You are allowed to just commit the fix, you know?

This "oh, fix it yourself" attitude is very frustrating, Ben.  Either
you take responsibility for stuff you commit or you shouldn't commit
anything at all, IMO.

> BTW, it would be nice to be able to run -Wall -Werror, as I normally do,
> but it seems there's code in the repo that doesn't survive that test.

Current warnings on the trunk are:

mod_deflate.c: In function 'flush_libz_buffer':
mod_deflate.c:221: warning: 'zRC' may be used uninitialized in this function

which should be fixed, and also with gcc >=4:

ssl_engine_init.c: In function 'ssl_init_FindCAList':
ssl_engine_init.c:1211: warning: value computed is not used

which is caused by an OpenSSL macro and should really be fixed there.

joe