On Mon, 2006-31-07 at 13:21 -0400, Brian Akins wrote:
> > I've seen all the traffic on the "scoreboard" and this is very useful
> > context ...
>
> Also, I am using a similar "scoreboard" mechanism to collect lots of per
>   worker stats without the extendedstatus overhead.

I've been following discussion as much as I am able.

What (I think) I really need to understand is how the request handling
and thread pool code interacts.  For 'perchild' I would also need to
understand how setuid and threading works together.  Looking at the
example configs, I've been guessing that the 'perchild' server forks
several threaded process as each require UID but at least one comment I
saw recently indicates I might be entirely wrong.

I wonder if there is any apache-specific documentation available at this
level of detail?  I have unix-specific references.

--
--gh