On 8/25/06, Rainer Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I'll post URLs during the weekend. Of course
you'll need to look at it before making decisions, I was simply
interested in a first basic opinion.

Concerning mod_define and mod_macro: they are a good fit together.
mod_macro gives you the ability to factor out repeating parts of the
config, but you have to explicitely call the macros with values.

With mod_define you can set the values from the outside using
environment variables. That way you can start similar instances with the
same configs by setting params values during startup - without the need
to copy and patch the config files.

Sometime one should fuse the two together, but I had the impression,
that the code of mod_macro first needs some reworking to make it fit
better into the 2.0/2.2 configuration hooks.

the latest version runs quite well, afther some minor tweaks it seems
to compile on mac, win32 and win64 without a problem...

I'm share a config that makes use of mod_macro between my windows and
mac machine atm.

Regards,

Rainer

--