On 10/11/2006 11:09 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On 10/11/06, Ruediger Pluem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> 3. Sometimes servers (including httpd) include a keep-alive header in
>> their response with the parameter
>>    timeout set. This can give a hint when the backend will close its
>> persistent connection due to a
>>    timeout.
>

> Unfortunately, our own hint in the response is not useful when sent by
> a child process that is being terminated due to excessive idle
> processes/threads or MaxRequestsPerChild, since we can break out of
> ap_process_connection right after telling the client they have N
> seconds to send the next request.  This will happen enough to be

I do not think that this matters all too much, because the backend closes
the connection *immediately* after sending out the response. So the socket
connection check on proxy side that is executed before reusing a connection
will detect that this socket has been closed by the remote side.
But yes, in theory their remains a race here if the proxy reuses the connection
faster then the backend needs time to close the socket after sending the
response.

Regards

RĂ¼diger