Graham Leggett wrote:
Davi Arnaut wrote:

Have you seen my patch to address this issue ? IMHO, it is far less
complex and less expensive then the committed workaround.

No - I went through your patches in some detail, but I didn't see one that addressed this problem specifically. Once thundering herd is solved, I plan to commit all your refactoring patches.

I didn't like that sleep/fstat hackery. How about using a real file
notification scheme ?

The prerequisite is that APR needs to be taught about this scheme, and it has to work portably across all platforms.

No it doesn't. mod_disk_cache makes many assumptions about the underlying OS, like how moving a file on the same file system is atomic, and how you can move files that have open file descriptors, both of which aren't true with some file systems or operating systems (like uh.. windows).

mod_disk_cache is a high performance part, lets make it work great on most unixy/POSIX type platforms, and come back to making it portable later.

-Paul