Graham Dumpleton wrote:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Indrek_J=E4rve?= wrote ..
Jim Gallacher wrote:
Graham Dumpleton (JIRA) wrote:
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-190?page=all ]

Graham Dumpleton updated MODPYTHON-190:
---------------------------------------

    Fix Version/s:     (was: 3.3)

Taking this off the list of things to fix in 3.3. We really need someone who has access to Python 2.5 and a 64 bit platform to help us
do this one and test it. Until then we could do more harm than good
if we start fiddling with the code with no way to actually validate
it works ourselves.
Agreed. Defer to to later.

Jim
If all that is needed is access to a 64-bit box, I can hook someone up
with a shell account on an Opteron running 64-bit SUSE 9.2.

Thanks for the offer, but having the someone who can help do the work
as well is just as important, as at the moment Nicolas, Jim and I have quite
limited time to work on this stuff, so just been focusing on getting 3.3
out the door.

Anyway, will keep your offer in mind in case we can find another organic
work unit to help. :-)

Yes, Thanks for your offer Indrek. Our desire is to get 3.3 out sometime in November. I think it would be better to hold off on the 64-bit changes for now, but aim for a reasonably quick follow up release - maybe January or February?

From the code review I've done I don't think anything will blow up with python 2.5 on a 64-bit platform. You just won't get any of the benefits like really long strings. Since we are getting very close to a 3.3 beta, it would be a big help if you grabbed the latest version from svn trunk, and see what happens with the compilation and unit tests.

Jim