Jim Jagielski wrote:

I know that Bill is looking at a release of APR and
that alternate method would, I think, be better
implemented in APR than directly in httpd...

Eww, no thanks.  AFAIK the same results can be achieved using existing
APR interfaces: a non-blocking apr_socket_recv() passing the MSG_PEEK
flag, as I mentioned this on [EMAIL PROTECTED] already.

I was referring to an APR apr_is_socket_connected()
function. Seems to me that it's a common enough
network "test" that providing it directly with an
APR call is niceness.

Can we have that additional function in 1.2.8,
or it's for the trunk only (1.3)?
Also think apr_socket_is_connected would be name
that would follow the function naming convention.

Regards,
Mladen.