To: <dev@httpd.apache.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 18:39
Subject: Re: [VOTE] httpd-2.2.4 release candidate for review

Very true.  Steffan, in order to be a community player, we prefer that
you do NOT publish unreleased binaries unless you VERY CLEARLY designate
them as YOUR release of the ASF's code.  Even at that, it's in poor form.

Because you participate here, you'll see the vote tally and know when we
start the short countdown between staging the release, and sending out
the Announcement.  We appreciate your enthusiasm, and encourage you to
keep building/keep posting to help us determine if the release is ready.

But we would really *prefer* you actually add the binaries to your
ApacheLounge ***after*** the vote to release was tallied, please?

Yours,

Bill