On Apr 23, 2007, at 10:46 AM, Brian J. France wrote:

On Apr 23, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Jakob Goldbach wrote:

-1 on the face of things. The map_to_storage hook was added to accomplish
what you desire.

I thought map_to_storage was made to do per-dir configuration. Not
path-translation.

The problem is not really doing the translation. I can always provide
my own translate handler in my module.

But in the current API I cannot to set my env. variables at will. They
will be overwritten by ap_add_common_vars which returns
carved-in-stone docroot from ap_document_root.

We need this same functionality (would like to back port to 2.2 if possible).

I'm +1 on the concept but -0 on the provided method of
doing it...

We currently hack the doc root in the post read hook in 1.3, would like to be able to do it with out hacking the core and screwing around with internal structs at runtime.

VERY doubtful that 1.3 will be updated to do this.