Well, I doubt completely bypassing setting works to
being in the error state is something you want to do
lightly. :)

PROXY_WORKER_IGNORE_ERRORS is used when setting up
the "generic" forward and reverse workers, since they
are "shared" for all requests and not "specific"
to a balancer/url. I guess allowing someone
to set that as an option might be a potential
enhancement...