Seems to me that the more we work on the various 2.x trees
(2.0.x, 2.2.x and trunk), the harder it becomes to get
the various correct CHANGES entries in sync... For example,
the CHANGES for 2.2 and trunk just refer to changes up
to 2.0.56... What's the best way of syncing these? Should
we stop having a single CHANGES that tries to merge all
development together? Why not have something like:

  o Apache 1.3.x: CHANGES stay as is
  o Apache 2.0.x: CHANGES just incorporates 2.0.x work
                  and we can either URL refer to older changes
                  at the bottom of the file or, when we release,
                  merge them.
  o Apache 2.2.x: CHANGES just notes 2.2.x work and we
                  either refer to 2.0.x CHANGES and 1.3.x CHANGES
                  or auto-merge when we release.
  o ....:         Same pattern...

Comments? Ideas?