On May 29, 2007, at 5:28 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Essentially, PID tables need to move from the score to a local process
list only in the parent, and unshared.  That would solve the 80/20 of
this entire class of issues.

Yes... Of course, it doesn't even need to be that extensive.
If the parent process simply keeps in local storage a
list of PIDs and before it does anything to the child
process (send signal), it checks that the PID in the
scoreboard is also in its own list, and only
continues if it is.... This means that the scoreboard
stays as is and the parent process just needs a
small list of pid's added to it, plus some minor
logic.

The next coupla days I'll be mostly offline since my oldest
son Jon is graduating and so there's the graduation, and
planning, and party, etc...