On Jun 1, 2007, at 11:39 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

I will likely just commit the updated patch, and we
can fine-tune via commits rather than having rounds
of patches posted :)

I just started on the trunk patches, not sure when they
will be done... anyway, I was think that in addition to
the checks, it would also be useful if, instead of
just logging the issue, maybe the code should also
set the pid to 0 and maybe a different status (maybe
SERVER_UNKNOWN ?) Haven't thought this all the way
through yet.

As one would expect the 2.x patches are much larger,
since things aren't as centralized...