William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Bill Stoddard wrote:
I'm trying to understand why mod_proxy_ajp exists and what it provides
that mod_proxy_http doesn't.

ajp13 is a binary protocol which should make the ajp13 tomcat connector
a bit more efficient than the http11 connector; an incremental
performance improvement. obtained at the expense of added complexity.
Does mod_proxy_ajp provide any other function not available in
mod_proxy_http? I'm trying to decide which horse to put my chips on :-)

If it works, mod_proxy_ajp - efficient fast and slightly easier to secure.
Thanks for the info everyone!

Bill,
mod_proxy_ajp is easier to secure?  Does mod_proxy_ajp support SSL?

Bill