[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Author: wrowe
> Date: Thu Aug 23 17:54:15 2007
> New Revision: 569204

> Log:
> SEDFILTER has several anomolies; first, it's not SED syntax,
> but more mod-rewrite like (and using the rewrite pcre parser).
> Secondly, 'FILTER' in the filter name is redundant.  Simplify,
> by renaming this 'REWRITE' filter.
>
> Added:
>     httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/experimental/mod_rewrite_filter.c
>       - copied, changed from r568483,
> httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/experimental/mod_sedfilter.c

My -1 was out there for a number of months, without the essential objection
being addressed.  Since it wasn't addressed, I'm exercising my only alternative
to an outright veto.  If we can't find a compromise, of course we can revert
the entire story, but I'd like to avoid that.

I'm happy with a number of alternative names, mod_pcre_filter, mod_text_filter,
mod_subst_filter, whatever, a number come to mind. The fact is, mod_sed_filter
was nothing close to a sed implementation.  Yes, I'm more of an awk fanboi than
a sed user, but I'd expect a sed_filter to be exactly that.  I'm also completely
and perpetually irritated by some companies such as M$ which don't respect the
existing glossaries of computer science, insisting on inventing new words or
using the wrong words for old ideas :)

And before anyone claims it's near enough - yes - there really is one.
http//happygiraffe.net/mod_sed

Bill