On Aug 23, 2007, at 8:56 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:

Hi.

This one is frustrating me to no end, and was wondering if some BSD/ OSX guru can help me out a bit.

I'm using the trunk, and trying to start apache, but I keep getting a lock/sem problem

[Fri Aug 24 10:51:53 2007] [emerg] (28)No space left on device: Couldn't create accept lock

this only happens if I have run the VPN. when I reboot it works great (until I check into the VPN).

from what I can see this error is usually caused by running out of sempahores, but ipcs doesn't show any. and to make matters worse, it only started happening about 2 weeks ago.

regards
Ian

IIRC, aren't the default sems on OS X Posix sems, not SysV sems??
ipcs just shows SysV stats