On Sep 3, 2007, at 4:05 AM, Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV wrote:

Persistent backend connection when proxying using RewriteRule is exactly what I am trying to do.

AFAIU there is no way to achieve persistent connections with the default worker because (correct me if I am wrong) a worker is associated with a single proxy_conn_pool and the proxy_conn_pool is associated with a single address, and in the case of the default worker the address may be different each time the worker is used.

This means that the only way to make these backend connections persistent is to create at least one worker per backend. Right?

That's right. You can't really have a connection pool if the
endpoint is unknown or changing :)

You could of course, as you said, create a patch which,
once the generic worker is used, "add" it to the pool,
but this is not trivial to do as 1st glance.