On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:11:35 +0200
André Malo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

> > Author: niq
> > Date: Sat Sep  8 05:46:10 2007
> > New Revision: 573831

> > Log:
> > Add option to escape backreferences in RewriteRule.
> > PR 34602  and  PR 39746
> > Patch by Guenther Gsenger
> >
> > Modified:
> >     httpd/httpd/trunk/CHANGES
> >     httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_rewrite.xml
> >     httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/mappers/mod_rewrite.c
>
> This spreads another uri escaper copy around. Why can't we take
> ap_escape_uri? Without deep digging: what's the difference?

As I said in my reply to Rüdiger, I just applied the patch from
bugzilla, having ascertained that it looked sound and worked for
cases identified in both the bug reports referenced.

A further improvement, round tuits permitting, would indeed be
to look deeper, and eliminate any duplication.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/