Ashwani Kumar Sharma wrote:

> The httpd.exe of Apache web server has two processes running in windows.
> When we kill the parent httpd.exe the child httpd.exe is still running and
> listening to the web request. I don't want this.

Since you forcibly terminate the server process(es) your instance of httpd.exe
won't be cleaned up.  It's really not terribly graceful.

It's the unix equivilant of sending kill -KILL instead of kill.  Ick.

I believe you can solve your entire problem by telling httpd.exe to shut down,
and avoiding the abandoned children.  The API would be GenerateConsoleCtrlEvent
to force a CTRL_C_EVENT at the process

all of which is to say you aren't using httpd.exe as a service, which is where
most of the testing and evalution effort is invested in.

Since you are replacing the parent wrapper you might consider dropping the
parent altogether (see the -X flag, I'm not sure if -DONE_PROCESS is the
same effect on win32 offhand).

Bill