Joe Orton wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 10:47:03AM -0000, William Rowe wrote:
>> Author: wrowe
>> Date: Wed Sep 12 03:47:02 2007
>> New Revision: 574884

>> Log:
>> Resolve storage of process-lifespan version strings for OpenSSL,
>> while using request-lifespan copies for manipulation.
>
> Ewww.  This passes around a process-global pool to functions which can
> get invoked at any time during request processing, which just invites a
> thread-safety fubar down the line.  It only happens to be safe now
> because the function is invoked at startup.

s/functions/function/

> Is there a reason you prefered this to the patch I posted?

Simplicity?  That's really the entire reason.

In fact it is thread-safe, although if you wanted the per-request flavor
to pass NULL and explode in an inconceivable manner, that would be OK too.

We call this during each config iteration, logging (even if logs are off
we call the silly function) the version in-use.  Ergo it's never NULL once
we've spun off threads and are off to the races.

Correct?

Bill