Feedback from Ben via legal-discuss, since his httpd-dev list seems
to have fallen over and can't get up.

Bill
--- Begin Message ---
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> A thread from [EMAIL PROTECTED], we are considering adding a newer algorithm
> to a binary 0.9.8 build of openssl.  Introduces a patent question, with
> what is almost but not quite a complete grant of license.  Looking for
> any feedback if this would concern us, since Tom raises the point that
> it gets interesting with Firefox 3 possibly using this algorithm.

I should point out that just because some loon contributes an algorithm
to OpenSSL doesn't mean you need to implement it.

If there's any encumbrance, then I see even less reason to implement
(less than "none", that is).