Hi nd,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 08:40:08PM +0200, Andr?? Malo wrote:

> > Log:
> > Reinstate location walk for subrequests
> > PR 41960 (Jose Kahan)
>
> I don't see how the comment matches the patch. We always had location walks
> for subrequests, but not for *file* subrequests. How does that make sense?
>
> I'm sure this will break a lot of stuff and assumptions. mod_cern_meta comes
> into mind plus everywhere, where you really want to sub request for a file
> and not a location (and don't even have a good location to map to)

If it may assure you...

The comments of my patch just describe the behavior I saw. There may
be better appropriate language for it.

I have test cases that show how location walk wasn't working anymore and
how the patch fixes it. I've just sent one such message to the list.

I think that best thing would be for you to try the patch and test out
the scenarios you think it will break down and report back to the list
if that is the case? Or point out places in the code that will be
at risk?

For the record, the W3C  production web servers are using this
patch since some time ago and we haven't experienced any i
weird behavior. Of course, this doesn't exclude problems with
server configuration options that we don't use.

Cheers,

-jose