Just for reference, Jorge's been instrumental in providing feedback that
has made it easier (not trivial, yet) to build for x64 on Windows.  There's
actually a build log sitting off in http://people.apache.org/~wrowe/ if
anyone is interested in how noisy the 64 bit builds still are on win32,
we seem to have made hundreds of steps forward, but dozens of steps back
in the most actively maintained code.

Some real headaches; sizeof() and strlen() give you a size_t, which != int
on a P64 platform like Windows (pointers == 64 bit, int/long == 32 bit).
Most unicies we test on are either ILP64 or LP64, where at least the
sizeof(long) == sizeof(void*).

So with Jorge's and help from a few others, 2.2.6 builds quite nicely at
the command line.  To make the transition to the GUI requires some other
steps, and I'm hoping these are simpler with 2.2.7 if I have a whole
weekend to work them up before we start to T&R.

Bill