Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response.

I tried this approach initially. I may have been using it incorrectly, however. What I tried was setting up the cleanup function with the process pool itself as data. The reason for this is that I wanted to retrieve some data via apr_pool_userdata_get() in order to do the necessary cleanup. This didn't work -- is it possible that the pool is already "partial destroyed" when the cleanup function is called? I noticed that the Apache logging facilities don't appear to work in the cleanup function either.

I am also curious why apr_pool_note_subprocesses() does not appear to work. This function seems ideal for my purpose; am I using it incorrectly?

Your book is excellent, by the way. Having a clearly-written definitive resource has saved me countless hours.

Regards,

Erik.