Tom Donovan wrote:
Yes, the crash dissappears.

I built with MS Visual Studio 8 on win2k and tested on win2k, winxp, and vista.

  ab -n 100000 -c 100 http://localhost/large_file.html

Where large_file.html is 200kb. No continued memory growth observed (after the first few seconds), so I don't think it is leaking allocators.

Fantastic.

Code drift between the Win9x case (now pretty much irrelevant) and WinNT
disabling acceptex really is unacceptable now, but I don't want to touch
the 2.0/2.2 code again if we can avoid it.  Best solution is a refactoring
which I might find a weekend for in the next month or so.

I'm going to propose we dump DisableWin32AcceptEx syntax entirely in 2.4,
and instead use our new friendly syntax;

AcceptFilter http ex-data (current acceptex, plus some data)
AcceptFilter https ex     (current acceptex, but no data)

AcceptFilter http none    (vanilla accept)

Does this sound like the right approach before I start hacking anything?

Bill