Paul J. Reder wrote:

Now that you ask that question it makes me realize that the better question is probably "Should the directives be directory scoped or server scoped?" The rest
of the util_ldap directives are all server scoped.

The cache related ones are all server scoped, as the cache is server wide.

The SSL related ones are directory and/or server scoped, and it depends on the underlying toolkit as to whether directory scope works at all.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking all directives have to be handled the same way. My gut feel is that the referral processing should be directory scoped, there is no guarantee that the server will only ever connect to one type of LDAP server at a time, and the admin may want different processing depending on the application.

Regards,
Graham