Hi folks,

I grabbed flood from svn and built it according to the instructions at http://httpd.apache.org/test/flood/

I've been getting 'Regular expression match failed' most of the time, and even tried running one of the examples:

----------------------
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/staff/john/flood# /usr/local/flood/bin/flood examples/round-robin-dynamic.xml
Regular expression match failed (<a href="([^"]*)">FAQ</a>)
postprocessing failed (http://httpd.apache.org/).
Error running farmer 'Joe': Internal error.

I even tried a ridiculously simple one and it still failed:
<url responsetemplate="(DOCTYPE)" responsename="foo">http://httpd.apache.org</url>

I've even tried updating my pcre version (v3 was installed on this Ubuntu system) to no avail - it looks as though theres a version compiled in statically anyway (I'm using --disable-shared as per the doc, not sure if it has any effect on pcre).

I've had some simple regex's working - eg. if I try responsetemplate="href=&quot;([^&quot;]+)&quot;" it sometimes works.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance,
John O'Rourke