Ok did a new build with openssl on vs 2008 on vista.
It still give me hell over ipv6... there is a patch that fixes it!
https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=21320&action=edit

with this patch it works fine following the basic steps of converting the
source (lineends.pl), perl cvtdsp.pl -2005
devenv Apache.dsw (to get command line building to work with vs2008)

for that point on it compiles fine from command line.

I've placed my binaries here for anyone that wants to do some heavier
testing on them (will be gone tomorrow):
*http://cygnus.gotdns.org/ (note: pdb's are included - very slow upload...
home server)*

I only tested the out of box config.

Jorge