2008/12/3 Jayasingh Samuel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hai,
>
> I have a hash map which takes its input and key from a file.. The file
> content will be changed automatically and i want to reload the hash map
> automatically after hitting some handler.. What i see is, after reloading
> the hash map, iam able to see the new Contents and the old contents
> alternatively..
> May be the old threads is having the old Contents. Not sure.
>
> Please reply me if you have solution for this to reload the hash map
> automatically. also how to kill the old threads which is having the old hash
> map.

Is your issue that you aren't considering that Apache is multi process
and so your trigger request is only handled by one process and not all
active processes.

You may be better off looking at how underlying table in RewriteMap's
in mod_rewrite are implemented. These are cached but reread when file
change is detected.

BTW, this is not really the right list for this. Perhaps use
modules-dev list instead.

Graham