Hi,

I've solved the problem, though I may not exactly understand how.

It was an issue with the way I was building the module, which was fixed once I added in the flags I got from "apr-config --cppflags". (I used to rant that the mostly-undocumented design change to apxs in apache 2.0 was one of the many obstacles in maintaining this multi- source-file C++ module for both apache 1.3 and apache 2. But apr- config actually makes up for it).

So I think my module had a struct alignment issue which was somehow fixed by something in " -DSOLARIS2=11 -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS - D_REENTRANT -mt -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64".

But when I build my own apache 2.2.9 with debugging symbols (configure --with-included-apr --enable-maintainer-mode), I can't reproduce the problem.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE! Does this package ship with build/config.nice? What are the contents of that file? That should tell you how the package was built.

Yes, in fact the package does contain config.nice, which begins:

CC="/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc"; export CC
CFLAGS="-xO3 -xarch=386 -xchip=pentium -xspace -Xa -xildoff - xc99=all -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL -DSSL_ENGINE -xO4"; export CFLAGS

Those flags alone don't do the trick for me, but the ones from apr- config make it all work.

JD