Kevac Marko wrote:

It's great idea. But are you sure that it is good idea to change both
main httpd.conf and VirtualHost for new DB connection to be added?
These are separate things... It will introduce problems if, for
example, httpd.conf is root writable and virtualhost-blabla.conf is
user writable.

  I don't think anything now prevents you from defining DB connection
configurations in the vhost which are private to it, which would
suit your use case, I believe, so long as we retain that option.

  I can also imagine that an administrator might want to provide
a "slate" of pre-rolled DB configurations from which vhost users would
be encouraged to choose.  That would help reduce a problem you
might otherwise experience, if you had a large number of vhosts and
everyone rolled their own DB configurations, where because each
configuration was slightly different (e.g., different expiry times
or what have you) you'd overwhelm the DB server with connections.

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B