h iroshan wrote:
Hi All
Actually I need *to* modify *Apache* and *run* one custom background *thread*. In addition, my custom modules have *to* be able *to* access the shared memory and it should be done through the background *thread*. Did anybody do this before? Is *there* an example I can use as a starting point?

please help me.

I already told you to look at the trunk (mod_watchdog)
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/core/

It is used to manage the hartbeat module at regular
intervals (you might look at this as well) and it
listens and send data via socket using shared memory extensively
and can manage mod_proxy (well should ;)

Regards
--
^(TM)